Community Services Coordinating Body (CSCB)
The St. Clair County Community Services Coordinating Body (CSCB) is the state-recognized "Community Collaborative" for St. Clair County. The CSCB is a coalition of human service agencies in the county - all of them non-profit, both public and private. The Community Services Coordinating Body has developed a Mission Statement, which addresses the assurance of appropriate service delivery and coordination of services to residents of St. Clair County and is formatted in the following guiding principles.
- To provide consistent monitoring of the health status of the community through regular examination of profile information and objective analysis of community statistics.
- To establish collaborative activities to meet the human services needs of all St. Clair County residents through partnership activities designed to mobilize the available resources of the community.
- To reduce or eliminate all barriers to service accessibility and service delivery.
- To recognize and respect the cultural and ethnic diversity of the community.
- To provide guidance and direction for the expansion of existing services or the development of new human service related activities and programs.
- To support the efforts of the Community Services Coordinating Body through the use of shared leadership, shared responsibility and shared resources.
- To foster the healthy development of individuals and families in St. Clair County through identification and reduction of risk factors and the enhancement or strengthening of healthy factors.
- Continue to develop a customer-driven human service system that emphasizes customer empowerment through access to information, education, choice, and partnership.
The members of the St. Clair County Community Services Coordinating Body work together to:
- Strengthen inter-agency communication
- Coordinate the services and activities of the participating agencies
- Plan on a community-wide basis
- Continue needed services
- Identify and implement new services to meet the community's needs
- Child Death Review
- Community Employment Collaborative (CEM)
- Critical Incidents Stress Management (CISM)
- Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Council
- Michigan Prisoner Reentry Initiative
- St. Clair County Car Seat Program Brochure
- Volunteer Action Center
- Children and Family Services
- Great Start
- Healthy Community Coalition
- Housing and Support Services
- Suicide Prevention
The CSCB might be able to help you if...
- You are seeking a letter of support for a new project
- You are seeking information and/or statistics about the health and welfare of St. Clair County residents
- You need help in removing a barrier to human services in the county
- You have an idea how to improve human services in the county
- You are aware of an emerging or new issue in human services.